I wanted a little project to get myself back into playing with my Arduino. I received my current cost from eon a few months ago, it was interesting to look at for a couple of days but that was about it. I really wanted away of getting my data online. All the online applications require a pc and my computer to be on all the time and I was not willing to buy a ‘Current cost bridge’ for £30.
I had a Arduino kicking around with an ethernet shield so I thought I would give it a go. After a quick google search i found a great guide that here. Unfortunately the code was out dated and not compatible with Arduino 1.0.
I have updated the code and made some changes and it all seems to be working well. Below is a a link to the code.CC_Pachube_Ethernet.zip (338 downloads)
Please note the majority of the code was written by Francesco (website) all credit goes to him I only updated it.
The next step is to get a LCD screen for the Arduino and put the information on there. Hopefully at some stage i will be able to hack the current cost up and put it in a new case with the Arduin.